Member Press Release – American Biogas Council announces Board elections results
January 17, 2024 – WASHINGTON – The American Biogas Council (ABC) announced today the results of its annual board election. Five individuals were re-elected, and one new director has joined the board:
Re-elected board members include:
· Nathalie Hoffman is the Director of Energy Compliance Services at Weaver and has been advising clients on matters related to the LCFS since it first went into effect in 2011. She is accredited by CARB as an LCFS verifier. Hoffman serves as co-chair of ABC’s Agriculture Committee.
· Brian Langolf is the Biogas Program Director at the University of Wisconsin, where he provides technical oversight of biogas operations, biogas research, digester training and consulting services. Langolf has been on the board since 2017 and has played an integral role in the creation and leadership of ABC’s Digester Operator School.
· Charles Love is the RNG portfolio manager for Trillium, a member of the Love’s family of companies. He is responsible for managing the development of RNG projects for the company, including dairy, wastewater, food waste facilities and landfills.
· Bernard Sheff has been in the biogas industry for more than 30 years. His career has focused on digestion in the agriculture, industrial and food waste arenas which has included by necessity nutrient recovery and sand separation for the dairy industry. Currently, Sheff is a Partner at U.S. Renewable Energy Development Capital, providing funding for renewable energy and fertilizer projects. He is serving his fifth term as board chair and has been an ABC board member for 13 years.
· Mark Stoermann is the Chief Operating Officer for Newtrient LLC, whose founding entities include leading dairy cooperatives from across the U.S. representing nearly 20,000 dairy farmers. He has served as board vice chair and currently serves as co-chair of ABC’s agriculture committee.
The ABC also welcomes Shannon Baucom to the board of directors. Shannon Baucom is a Principal at MESKA Solutions and has more than 17 years of varied energy and utility industry experience. She has served as an advisor and development team member on many biogas projects, particularly in the swine industry.
To learn more about the board of directors and read full biographies, visit AmericanBiogasCouncil.org.
About the American Biogas Council
The American Biogas Council is the voice of the US biogas industry dedicated to maximizing carbon reduction and economic growth using biogas systems. We represent more than 400 companies in all parts of the biogas supply chain who are leading the way to a better future by maximizing all the positive environmental and economic impacts biogas systems offer when they recycle organic material into renewable energy and soil products. Learn more online at AmericanBiogasCouncil.org, X @ambiogascouncil, and LinkedIn.
Media Contact: Hayley Maynard, 614.701.8205, email@example.com.