World Biogas Association appoints its first Council
The World Biogas Association (WBA) has announced the appointment of a Council to support its development and that of the industry worldwide.
Established in late November 2016, WBA is dedicated to facilitating the adoption of biogas globally. Since then, it has seen its stature grow significantly with the publication of two ground-breaking reports on global food waste management and the global potential of biogas, and the establishment of close relationships with international bodies including the UNFCCC, CACC, UNEP and the C40 Cities network. More recently, it rallied its members, including industry giants SUEZ, ENGIE and SHV, to sign a Declaration committing the biogas industry to deliver 12% reduction in global GHG emissions by 2030 – campaigning to ensure that all barriers are removed to unlock this huge potential.
The nine-member Council has been set up to provide :
- strategic vision for WBA’s activities,
- guidance on how to develop the biogas sector globally,
- new alliances and partnerships for WBA and its members
- external representation when required by the President or CEO.
Alongside David Newman, WBA President, the new Councillors are:
- Alberto Borello, South African Biogas Industry Association (South Africa)
- Alex Marshall, Clarke Energy (United Kingdom)
- Chris Maloney, Eisenmann Corporation (United States of America)
- Francois Huberts, DMT Environmental Technology (Netherlands) )
- Gian Francesco Galanzino, Entsorga Italia SpA (Italy)
- Marta Kamola-Martines, ENGIE (France)
- Ole Hvelplund, Nature Energy (Denmark)
- Zeno Marani, SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions (France)
David said: “We’re delighted to introduce our first line-up of Councillors – an important milestone which reflects not only the growing impact of our association, but also the increasing recognition by world bodies of the need to integrate biogas into the global economy to address the challenges of climate change and now the green recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. Our council brings together international leaders in the biogas community and we look forward to working with them in fulfilling your industry’s global potential.”
– ENDS –
For further information, contact:
Jocelyne Bia – email: email@example.com ; tel: +44 (0)7910 878510