World Gas Conference: 25-28 June 2018 Washington DC
The 27th World Gas Conference is being held in Washington D.C. in June 2018.
- The World Gas Conference is held every three years in the country holding the Presidency of the International Gas Union (IGU). WGC 2018 will mark the culmination of the USA Presidency, under the theme “Fueling the Future”, and will promote the IGU’s key objectives of raising the voice of natural gas while offering timely updates.
- WGC 2018 marks the first time that the global gas industry event will be held in a country that is both the world’s largest gas consumer and gas producer, and for whom the latest data show a record breaking size of its gas resource base.
- It is the culmination of three years of IGU research to evaluate all aspects of the natural gas value chain, and is widely acknowledged as the most important global gas industry gathering of influential leaders, policy-makers, buyers, sellers and experts.
- Speakers from within and outside the gas industry, along with key policy makers will present their views on the most timely and topical, technical, commercial and strategic, issues and opportunities facing the natural gas industry. Keynote speakers include CEOs of major global energy companies and Energy Ministers.
- A 40,000 square foot exhibition will host 350 exhibitors, including a Sustainable Energy Pavilion, a Robotics and Automation Pavilion, and a Gas for Transportation Pavilion.
- WGC 2018 will be brought to you by the largest and most diverse National Organizing Committee (NOC) ever created for a global gas event, with over 40 organizations representing the entire gas value chain, including 15 Members of the US Congress and the US Senate as Honorary Members. Adding to the work of the NOC, and taking advantage of the uniqueness of the Washington, DC host city, a Global Ambassadors Network, featuring the Washington, DC based ambassadors from many of the leading gas producing and consuming countries will be actively engaged in program development. Plus, the first ever Financial Advisory Board, with many of the key global financial community players will likewise help guide the program development.